Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Today

One day, I'll get more than three consecutive hours of sleep.

One day, I'll get to finish the fries that came with my combo meal.

One day, I won't have spit up on at least one article of clothing on my body.

One day, I'll get to use a purse instead of a diaper bag.

One day, I'll get to shop at the mall instead of using it as an indoor track for the stroller.

One day, I won't have to split getting ready between two different nap times.

One day, I'll get to eat with both hands.

One day, I'll get to read a book with a plot and characters with normal voices.

One day, I won't have more pieces of baby equipment than adult furniture in my house.

One day, I won't have to leave early from lunch with a friend to appease a fussy baby.

TODAY, I get to play on the floor with a precious baby girl who nuzzles my neck and laughs at all my jokes. I'll take today over one day, any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment