Our little girl is 5 months old! I can't believe how quickly time has flown by and how much life has changed. I feel like I'm still adjusting to our "new normal," but it's definitely getting easier. It helps matters quite a bit that months 4 and 5 have been so precious! Gwendoline is really coming into her own and is showing us that she has a BIG personality. She's goofy and silly, just like her daddy, but she also has a very sweet side that loves to cuddle and play independently. As we hang out around more mommies and babies, I've recognized that Gwendonline is a loud baby. I realize that all babies at this age are loud, but Gwendoline is LOUD. She is routinely the loudest baby in all of our mommy-and-baby groups. Thankfully, she's usually loud in a happy way with joyful screeches, squeals, and laughs; but sometimes she's the loudest in an unhappy way with fitful screeches and screams. Those are the times we leave early. She definitely knows what she wants and isn't afraid to let you know it, too.
We have had a lot of firsts over the last two months as Gwendoline has gotten older and, therefore, more portable. Some of these firsts include:
- eating rice cereal or oatmeal twice a day- she loves oatmeal and makes "mmmmmm" sounds after each bite; we'll be starting real solids (sweet potatoes, green beans, etc.) very soon!
- rolling over from back to tummy; we're still working on tummy to back
- sitting up with very little support
- first trip to the new Perot Museum of Nature and Science
- first visit to the Dallas Museum of Art
- first Waterbabies class (see this previous post for more details)
- attending weekly story time at our public library for singing, dancing, playing, and reading
- first swing and slide adventures
As always, we're looking forward to more firsts with our daughter as the weather starts warming up. Soon, Gwendoline and I will be making our first solo trip to visit Grandma in Conroe. Yikes!
 |
| Such a big girl! |
 |
| Swinging with daddy on the big swing |
 |
| Weeeeeeeee!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment