Monday, February 27, 2012

What a difference a month makes

We had our 12 week appointment and sonogram this afternoon. Not only was the event itself amazing and awe-inducing, but my mom was able to go with us to take a peek at our Kry-Baby, who is now the size of a large plum. I think we have an actual baby on our hands here! It actually resembles a human now, with arms, legs, and a FACE. An actual face- eyes, nose, mouth, chin, profile. Wow.

We opted to have some genetic testing done at this point, just to rule out (or prepare us for) any potential special needs or other surprises. This testing involved some bloodwork and a sonogram with a maternal-fetal medicine specialist. Not only did the specialist give us good news about the baby's growth and perfect development, she also gave us a prediction on gender with 85% certainty! Though we feel fairly confident with that percentage, we're not letting (many) people in on the secret quite yet. You'll just have to wait until the confirmation sonogram on March 28!

12 weeks: Check out those little frog legs! Ballerina or soccer star?
Most amazing: We got to see him/her stretch those legs out and
then tuck them quickly back in. Amazing screen grab!
On the maternal health side of things, I think I have reached a turning point! I am feeling so much better that I'm eating again, have had a few cravings (jelly beans!), and have even ventured into a few restaurants for light meals. Praise God, I think I'm going to make it! Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and concern. Also, check out these bump self-portraits! 




No comments:

Post a Comment