![]() |
| IV fluids and meds for lunch |
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
But it's my birthmonth!
I have always loved my birthday. It's my favorite holiday because I feel like the day belongs to me and me alone. As such, I like to extend the celebration throughout February, the month of my birth. But this year, birthmonth took a backseat to nausea-and-vomiting month. The only good thing to come out of this month (except the continued health and growth of our little olive, of course) was an overnight trip to our local hospital, Centennial Medical Center. Normally I wouldn't refer to a hospital stay as a "good thing," but in this case, it gave my doctor the time and information she needed to get my meds all sorted out. I'm now on a double dose of Zofran combined with a half dose of Phenergan thrown in for good measure. And I think it's working!!! I still feel nauseated 24/7, but it's reduced to a level that allows me to function (i.e., get out of bed and drag myself to work and sit there for the majority of each day).
Our little green olive (he or she is about that size now) is continuing to grow and prosper, despite the sickness. My doctor has been assuring me that the sickest women have the healthiest babies (I bet she says that to all the sick moms...), and I'm beginning to believe her. Things seem to be looking up, especially since Jeph has promised to defer my birthmonth and birthday celebration to a future time when I am feeling better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment