What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.
After our gender confirmation sonogram yesterday, we are overjoyed to announce that we are having a GIRL! A little Gwendoline Celeste is on the way! The specialist had told us four weeks ago that she was 85% certain it was a girl, so we were already prepared and excited for the confirmation. And after Jeph told me that he had secretly wanted a girl all along, that sealed the deal. I must admit that, up till now, I had always envisioned myself with a little boy, but my perspective has completely changed over the last four weeks. We are so thrilled to be having a daughter!
| 17 weeks: Sweet baby girl toes. All of the other pictures from this gender confirmation sono are a little revealing of our little Gwen, so her tiny foot and toes will have to do! |
Some of you may be thinking, "But Amy, I thought you said your gender confirmation appointment wasn't until next week. What's up?" Yes, it's a week early. My doctor decided it was a good idea to bring me in a little early when I told her about a small problem I was having. I've developed a somewhat-large lump/bump/mass in my upper far-right abdomen area. It's a little larger than a golf ball, but smaller than a tennis ball. My doctor took a long look at it yesterday and her official medical opinion is "that's weird." She's stumped as to what it could be but is not overly concerned at this point since it's not causing any pain or other symptoms; it's just hanging out. She doesn't even think it's necessarily pregnancy related because of the location. The specialist I saw before will be rounding on my doctor's office in the next few weeks and is going to check it out for us then. Until then, our prayer request is that this lump/bump/mass is nothing more than something slightly unusual that will have no effect whatsoever on the baby or me. And if you like to pray for ideal scenarios, ideally we would love for it to just go away and never be seen or heard from again! (For any moms out there who may have experienced this or something like it, I'd love to hear from you.)
No comments:
Post a Comment