Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Third Trimester & Babymoon

We've made it to the third trimester! Only 10 more weeks to go. I can't believe how time has flown by. Our last few appointments have been what my doctor calls the "boring visits." All she does is measure my belly to make sure growth is on track and listens to Gwendoline's heartbeat. They're quick and easy appointments, which is nice since we're going every two weeks now instead of every four. But I miss seeing my baby's face on sonograms, so I'm very excited that our next appointment in two weeks will be a "growth scan" sonogram to make sure that she's growing at an appropriate rate. My belly has been measuring slightly small, so we're expecting a petite little girl to show up during the scan. Her size is still within the standard deviation of normal, so the doctor isn't concerned; we're just curious.

The Gwendoline Bump @ 29 weeks, San Antonio Riverwalk

Double bumps, triple babies! Amy @ 30 weeks,
sister-in-law Keely @ 28 weeks with twins!
Jeph and I recently went on a mini "babymoon" vacation- our last weekend away together before we become parents. And probably our last weekend away without a baby in tow for quite a while. Since I'm still having some nausea and am a bit of a nauseous flyer to begin with, we decided not to fly anywhere. And since my doctor calls me "not her lowest risk patient," we didn't want to be too far from home, just in case. I also didn't want to be in the car for more than 3-5 hours for comfort reasons. Therefore, we picked San Antonio as our babymoon destination! In addition to the required eating of meals on the Riverwalk, Jeph and I enjoyed visiting SeaWorld and the Alamo! Jeph had never been to either place (and it had been more than a decade since I'd been), so we had a lot of fun. We also took some time to relax by the hotel pool and take naps whenever we wanted. It was a fantastic weekend and a lovely way to celebrate the end of one phase of life and the beginning of another.

Remember the Alamo!

Crazy pregnancy strength

SeaWorld, San Antonio

No comments:

Post a Comment