Monday, July 8, 2013

Busy

The last couple of months have been so very busy. Not so much in outings, trips, or errands, though there have been more of those since summer began. But I'm talking about a very busy baby. (Side note: She may be closer to a toddler now, but I refuse to call her that for now. To me, she's still "baby.") Gwendoline is all over the place and into everything! She learns so much about her little world on a daily basis, it astounds me. I'm sure my head would explode if I were learning and absorbing at the same rate. Babies are amazing creatures.

Gwendoline's daily "independent playtime" is the peak of her busy-ness. Even though it's independent play, I love to sit back and watch her. She buzzes from one toy station to the next, over and over again, like she's in the circuit room at the gym. It cracks me up to see her totally engrossed in one activity, but then, as if something poked her or called her name, she throws it aside and careens over to the next thing, immediately becoming equally engrossed. It's exhausting to watch but brings her so much joy.

I had a suspicion from the beginning- even during pregnancy- that Gwendoline would be a high-energy, determined child. And she is! She is curious, strong-willed, hard-headed, smart, and so much fun. Her season of busy-ness, which I don't anticipate subsiding any time soon, makes for an equally busy mom and dad. I chase that child all over the place, all day long! So while we may not be go-go-going outside of the home that much more than usual, we are constantly go-go-going inside the house. At a very fast crawl that's going to turn into a walk/run any day now. Bring it on!

P.S.- Jeph, who has been watching her while I've been writing this, just poked his head in the room and said "Gwen has no fear." Apparently she tried to climb up her dresser to her changing table. And was partially successful. Uh oh.

10 months old - love those dimples! 

"This here pool ain't big enough for the two 'a us."

Happy 1st birthday, Parker and Presley!

Waterbaby

July 4th parade with daddy

Merry-go-round!



No comments:

Post a Comment