This morning, Jeph and I had the privilege of selecting our daughter's birthday! If everything goes according to our new plan, Gwendoline will arrive via scheduled c-section on Sunday, August 26. She's still staunchly expressing her independence by remaining a breech baby. We learned this morning that her exact position is called "frank breech," which means that she is completely vertical, with her legs extended above her head. My doctor likened her to a diver doing a front pike. Though that doesn't sound the least bit comfortable to me, Gwen seems completely undisturbed and ambivalent about the whole thing. Be looking for Gwendoline in the 2032 Olympics!
Other than being breech, Gwen is really bulking up and looking great this week! She's up to 5 pounds, 12 ounces now and falls somewhere around the 25th percentile. A huge improvement from the 9.7th percentile of a few weeks ago! The doctor estimates she will weigh around 6.5 to 7 pounds and be tall (19.5 to 20 inches) at birth.
We are eagerly looking forward to holding this little sugar in our arms very soon! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers- we truly appreciate them!
 |
I'm sorry... Does that say watermelon?
Where do we go from here? |
I wish you all the best. Send an old friend pictures after the arrival.... And I hope she takes after you and Liz.
ReplyDelete